Criminal Records Bureau Checks
All students are required to have an up to date enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. In some instances (dependent on time elapsed and on a case by case basis) you may be able to use checks that have already been undertaken. You will need to have sent in your application for an up to date enhanced CRB check by the 4th week of the Autumn term. They can take some time to be processed so we urge you to start as soon as possible gathering the information and filling in the form. (see website for details below)
The procedure to follow is
- If you already have an up to date enhanced CRB check please hand it in to the admin office for consideration and checking. Provided it meets with our criteria your name will be added to our register of people who are CRB checked.
- If you do not have an up to date enhanced CRB check you will need to fill in the appropriate form and provide the necessary documentation as listed below. A member of The Bowlby Centre admin team will be available at the Centre’s office for you to complete the forms and have the documents verified.
- The completed form and accompanying documents plus a cheque for the correct amount, (see fees, charges and payments section), made payable to The Bowlby Centre will then need to be handed into the office and sent for validation to our CRB provider .
- Once we receive their response your name will be added to our register of people who are CRB checked.
- The checks are valid for 3 years.
- In the very unlikely event of your CRB check being refused your tutor will discuss this with you and the possible way forward.
- If you require further information or have any concerns about this procedure please speak to your course tutor.
For further information on The Bowlby Centre’s CRB policy please click here CRB Policy
Documents to be provided as originals for checking and photocopying
1. Photo ID – Driving Licence or Passport
2. Two items – a utility bill and a bank statement dated within the last 3 months
These are the links for the home office guidance re CRB checks that you might find useful for background information.
Individuals need to provide the following information in order to be CRB checked: